Drum and map completed
Posted by Martin on August 25, 2012
After a bit of a false start, I’ve completed the first element of the work on my entry for the La Bricole Summer painting challenge. Originally, I had it in mind to paint the map green but the moment I’d finished it, I knew I’d made a awful mistake. So the whole thing needed to be redone to give the map more a sepia document style. This also made it easier to paint on a river, roads and areas of woodland in a way that would make them stand out nicely.
Thanks to those of you who made suggestions for painting the drum hoops. As you can see, I eventually went for diagonal red and white stripes. This scheme could, of course represent any one of several units from a number of nations. In my own imagination, I like to think it’s a drum from the 1st Pommeranian infantry regiment (after one of Peter Bunde’s excellent uniform plates) but it could just as easily have been abandoned by the Saxon Konig infantry regiment. Anyway, it’s on to the figures to go with this now. The first one has be prepared and primed with Vallejo grey acrylic primer (my new preferred primer of choice). So expect more progress soon!