The first BfK competition
Posted by Martin on April 16, 2009
This is a modestly historic moment in the relatively short life of BfK: our first competition. It’s free and easy to enter and there’s even a proper prize! And that prize is a set of the forthcoming 28mm Napoleonic French Imperial Guard lancers from Offensive Miniatures kindly donated by the proprietor Dave Jackson.
To enter the competition, all you have to do is e-mail your answer to the question below to me at this e-mail address: befreiungskriege at mskelly dot plus dot com (sorry for spelling it out like this but I’m trying to avoid the mailbox getting hit by spammers). Please help me to not miss your entry by using the subject line “BfK Offensive Miniatures Competition”. So here’s the question:
Look at the portrait on the right. This famous French cavalry commander is one of three brothers who were all generals in Napoleon’s army. What is his name?
Before you fire off your answers, please note that although this is a friendly and informal competition, there are a few simple rules to which you agree by entering. I hope you won’t mind them and appreciate the need for them. I’ve tried to keep the rules to an absolute minimum:
- The closing date for entries is one minute past midnight (BST) on 1st May 2009. Any e-mailed answers with a delivery stamp after that date and time will be invalid.
- Only one entry per person. If I suspect anybody of sending multiple entries, I reserve the right to disqualify them.
- The winner will be drawn at random from the correct entries during the week after the closing date and notified by me via e-mail. The winner’s name (but not contact details) will be announced in a posting here on BfK.
- By entering the competition, you agree that I may pass on your name and e-mail address to Offensive Miniatures for them to add to their mailing list.
- In the event of any dispute concerning this competition, my decision is final and I reserve the right not to enter into any correspondence about the competition.
OK, that’s the end of the small print. I hope you enjoy the competition and good luck!