One week to go
Posted by Martin on April 12, 2008
To Salute, that is. So now I’ve started musing about which stands I plan to visit. The truth is I’ll probably amble round most of the hall but I always like to have a checklist to ensure I don’t miss the ones that most interest me. Here’s what I’ve identified so far:
- The painting competition: I always like to look at this and usually find plenty to admire. My natural preference is, of course, for horse and musket figures. There’s nothing like having a couple of colourful battalions or squadrons to inspect.
- Perry Miniatures: according to the floorplan, they have their own stand this year. How distinct this will be from Dave Thomas’ stand, I don’t know. In previous years they’ve seemed to be merged together. I’ll be taking a close look at the new Imperial Guard chasseurs a pied. And if Dave Thomas’ stand is close by, that’s usually a good source of paints and GMB flags.
- Foundry: surprised? Well don’t be. The few occasions that Foundry actually attend shows are the best opportunities to get bargains without the P&P costs. I’m planning to look at some of their paints. With the Calpe Saxons imminent, I foresee a lot of white in my future.
- Loughton Strike Force: a Waterloo demo game and almost certainly using the General de Brigade ruleset.
- Polish Lancers Re-enactment Society: it’s a no-brainer!
- Touching History: a chance to see another example of Paul’s amazing terrain-making skills. And for a Napoleonic game this year too.
I expect I’ll be adding to the score as I spend more time going through the floorplan over the next few days.